The Ramen Shop in Oakland
Nestled in the foodie-friendly neighborhood of North Oakland is a far cry from the ramen that you’ve come to know throughout your college years. The brainchild of three Chez Panisse alums, The Ramen Shop has already become a standout with its menu boasting the cohesive fusion of clever flavors like meyer lemon or burnt miso ramen. Aside from satisfying the umami of any food enthusiast, the eatery also serves as a visual feast with a contemporary rustic interior and dining space that resembles a modern war bunker.
@current / @total
- If you’ve never heard of “fly-tipping,” then you’ve certainly seen its results.
- The refrigerator in your kitchen may be humming a pricey song—to the tune of hundreds of dollars and thousands of kilowatts a year.
- Congratulations, you’ve decided to throw a party!
Pass the party appetizers on this tree-lined tray made of fabric that has been pressed into birch plywood and laminated. It's shatterproof, waterproof, and lightweight for easy carrying of all your favorite bites.
- The developer of Three on the Bund gallery gives us a behind-the-scenes tour of the creative side of Shanghai.
- Today, if you tallied the world’s design capitals, you’d be forgiven for overlooking Honolulu.
- Modern graphics have been applied left, right, and center—to posters, textiles, t-shirts, and more—but at a new business in Los Angeles (with an architect as a cofounder) has affixed them…
- From a dazzling multi-windowed home in sunny Venice to a renovated Victorian in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.