Pot + Pantry
Last week I stopped into Pot + Pantry, Donna Suh Wageman's new kitchenwares shop in San Francisco's Mission District. Not only was the tiny space utterly charming, an appealing melange of the new and old, the modern and the trad, but Wageman herself was an obliging and able hostess. Best of all, the goods on display--I saw plenty I'd like to take home--are entirely affordable.
@current / @total
- Provisions, a new online store launched by the minds behind Food52, brings artisanal, handmade design tools to your kitchen.
- From a revolutionary juicer to an architecturally inspired dish rack, shake a glance at eight of our favorite products to outfit arguably the most important room in the house with.
- Ask anybody who has held so much as a bud vase from Heath Ceramics about the pottery’s charms, and you’re likely to encounter the kind of adoration reserved for treasured family…
"Get rid of crap. Buy things you'll love forever. Make Stuff." Sound advice from a tea towel courtesy of San Francisco designer/musician Cristina Espinosa of The Heated. The wise words have been hand-screened onto a flour sack in color-fast ink that will endure drying up after many a home-cooked feast.
- Once while dining at a minimal-chic German restaurant in San Francisco, my date marveled at the elegant simplicity of the mid-century-modern salt and pepper shakers on our table.
This beautiful glass piece looks a bit like a unique carafe, but is, in fact, a dropper designed for doling out soy sauce. Simply cover the little hole at the top of the bulb with your fingertip for easy dripping (and it will actually work with pretty much any thin-ish liquid). Available at Rare Device, a San Francisco shop that's a super spot for holiday (or everyday) shopping.
Summer's come early to San Francisco! It's beautiful and bright and warm outside, ideal weather for sipping on a sweet and refreshing beverage. And what's better than a tall glass of just-squeezed citrus? That's right, people.... Not much. This clever piece from Dutch kitchen masters Royal VKB makes juicing a breeze; Simply set it directly on your cup and go to town (it even filters out the seeds!). Order one from LA's A+R Store.
- A peek inside March, one of San Francisco's most exquisite shops for kitchenware and accessories.