Poncelet Cheese Bar
Travelers who take their design as seriously as their food may well have a new stop to make when they swing through Spain: the new Poncelet Cheese Bar in Madrid. The multidisciplinary firm Gabriel Corchero Studio is responsible for the design, from the website to the chairs at the tables. A few highlights include the living green wall, a pair of Corian bars, and of course a custom cheese case. Check out the slideshow, marvel at the interior, and dream of manchego.
Showing image @current of @total
- One of my favorite discoveries on my trip to Paris earlier this year was the Hotel Jules, a chic and relatively affordable 100-room hotel on Rue La Fayette in the 9th arrondissement—walkable to…
- Architect and designer Andrés Jaque takes us on a tour of pre-modern Madrid, highlighting the spaces where progressive design is breaking the mold.
Whether it's sweet, but slightly salty Gruyère or creamy Camembert, we've got you covered. At least in the cheese department, that is. Below, seven products to induce at your next gathering.
- In this chapter of Friday Finds, studio visits with Belgian designers, a controversial statement against architects, wearable art, and more.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a bit of a sweet tooth, with chocolate being on the top of my list. So when I think gifts, I think sweet. And although I can be completely satisfied with some plain old chocolate chips from the baking aisle of the market, this time of year, something a bit more fanciful and special seems in order to give to friends and family. Here are a handful of places that make some of the best chocolaty, sugary, carmely, marshmallowy stuff I can think of having or giving, any day of the year.
- We recently got the chance to pop into the new Aesop shop in San Francisco, a charming little boutique that opened December 20th.
- No opera house. No Bondi Beach. No sunning celebs. This is Melbourne, home of Australia’s most thriving design scene.
- One of the oldest cities in the United States and home to the country’s first International Style skyscraper, Philadelphia is, unfortunately, now associated more with cheesesteaks and colonial…