Poncelet Cheese Bar
Travelers who take their design as seriously as their food may well have a new stop to make when they swing through Spain: the new Poncelet Cheese Bar in Madrid. The multidisciplinary firm Gabriel Corchero Studio is responsible for the design, from the website to the chairs at the tables. A few highlights include the living green wall, a pair of Corian bars, and of course a custom cheese case. Check out the slideshow, marvel at the interior, and dream of manchego.
@current / @total
- One of my favorite discoveries on my trip to Paris earlier this year was the Hotel Jules, a chic and relatively affordable 100-room hotel on Rue La Fayette in the 9th arrondissement—walkable to…
- Architect and designer Andrés Jaque takes us on a tour of pre-modern Madrid, highlighting the spaces where progressive design is breaking the mold.
- In the same fashion that we are turning to locally sourced, farm to table, slow food, our aesthetics, like our stomachs, are drawn to a simpler, cleaner, and more natural way of life.
Whether it's sweet, but slightly salty Gruyère or creamy Camembert, we've got you covered. At least in the cheese department, that is. Below, seven products to induce at your next gathering.
- In this chapter of Friday Finds, studio visits with Belgian designers, a controversial statement against architects, wearable art, and more.
- No opera house. No Bondi Beach. No sunning celebs. This is Melbourne, home of Australia’s most thriving design scene.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- In Wellman, Iowa, Joanna and Geoff Mouming concocted a fresh take on the traditional barn (making it modern with the help of DeForest Architects) and in their open kitchen, regularly cook up a slew…