Plow Restaurant: Local Dishes, Design
In San Francisco, local food rules. Before seasoned chefs Joel Bleskacek and Maxine Siu opened the doors of their new Potrero Hill restaurant Plow last month, they did more than just source ingredients from nearby farms: They also hired design and construction help all within the 94107 zip code.
@current / @total
- In 2009, Ted Hall was producing his own certified-organic wine, growing olives that he turned into extra-virgin olive oil, raising cattle for grass-fed beef, and harvesting heirloom fruits and…
- In recent years, Baja’s Valle de Guadalupe, only an hour and a half from the San Diego airport and 40 minutes from Ensenada, has emerged as Mexico’s wine country.
- A recent addition to San Francisco's Russian Hill neighborhood, Saint Frank Coffee serves its brews in a geometrically inclined modern space by local firm Openscope Studio.
- Tiring of the Prohibition-era style pervasive in San Francisco's bars and restaurants, the owners and design team behind recently opened The Corner Store opted to channel "something more in tune with…
- For many setting out to make it on their own, a storefront is a destination.
- The wooden structure next to Laurie and Peter Stubbs' house outside Baltimore is made out of trees and is nestled in the woods but it isn't technically a tree house.
- San Francisco has its fair share of third-wave coffee so we jumped at the chance to visit one of the East Bay's newest offerings.
- Switching coasts from Brooklyn to Portland gave architects Mitchell Snyder and Shelley Martin a new set of unexpected clients: three young hens.