D House Kitchen Renovation
In 2009, just as architectural designer Chris Greenawalt and his wife, Danielle, completed remodeling their Seattle home, Danielle received word that she was heading to Boston for her job as a research scientist for a pharmaceutical company. They closed the door of their Washington home, handed over the keys, and drove cross-country to Massachusetts. The door they opened there presented another much-needed remodeling opportunity.
@current / @total
- Architectural designer Chris Greenawalt's Boston kitchen renovation includes a striking approach to spice storage: a back-lit shelf accessed by a library ladder. Here's how he did it.
- As previously explored in 20 Modern Kitchens We Love and Dwell's Coolest Kitchens, we take a look at five more well-lit, spacious beauties that are bound to inspire even a professional chef.
- In 2009, just as architectural designer Chris Greenawalt and his wife, Danielle, completed remodeling their Seattle home, Danielle received word that she was heading to Boston for her job as a…
- Winter white is a color theme that may be trendy at the moment--but is equally classic and has long been revered by modernists.
- Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered.
- Behold the mighty power of designers and architects to re-imagine and recast a kitchen, one of the most frequently renovated rooms in a modern home.
- On a secluded plot of land in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, Brooklyn's Lubrano Ciavarra Architects crafts a modern weekend house designed to frame its landscape.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.