Coffee Break: Heath Ceramics and Blue Bottle
- Dwell and Sausalito–based Heath Ceramics have more than a few things in common. We're both design-focused Bay Area companies. We both have a dedication to modernism.
- Ask anybody who has held so much as a bud vase from Heath Ceramics about the pottery’s charms, and you’re likely to encounter the kind of adoration reserved for treasured family…
Basic installation is all you need to create a unique display with Heath's new dual-glazed collection. Each color pattern has up to six different pieces that, when put together randomly, make for a subtlly striking set of field tiles. They're kept in-stock so there's no waiting or delivery time, which means you can get grouting as soon as you're ready.
The 2012 Architecture in the City Festival is currently underway in San Francisco. Througout the month of September, a series of lectures, walking tours, exhibitions, film screenings cover a wealth of topics under the theme "Design: It's About Time." Some 40 events are being held and here's what we think will be most interesting (you can also view the complete calendar here):
- San Francisco Living Home Tours, September 15–16
- Design: It's About Time lecture moderated by Deputy Editor Aaron Britt, September 18, 6:00–8:00 p.m.
- Heath Ceramics San Francisco Tile Factory and Showroom tour, September 21, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Yellow Building tour, September 24, 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- Closing Night Party, September 27, 6:00–8:00 p.m.
- Urban Agriculture in Unlikely Places walking tour, September 29
- Mid-century Modern in Diamond Heights walking tour, September 29