101 Home Cooking
- Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered.
- From experts' picks on dish racks and cutlery to advice on building your dream kitchen, Dwell keeps the home fires burning with this handy cheat sheet.
- When someone gets fired from a French kitchen, the chef de cuisine says simply, “Take your knives.” To a chef, the knife is like an extra appendage, and its dismissal cuts deeper than the…
- The love of my life can prepare entire meals using only a sharp knife and a cast-iron pan. It’s a useful skill, but if you want to know the truth, I find his attitude a little annoying.
- With our airwaves packed with celebrity chefs, Americans are proving to have a solid appetite for what Julia Child would call cuisine—at least on television.
Stir-frying is a great way to make healthy and delicious meals in no time at all—unfortunately we can’t all be master chefs flipping food in mid-air and effortlessly landing it in the pan versus the floor. Thanks to the patented cupped edge of the Boomerang Wok, you can stir-fry easily and aspire to top chef status.
- If you've been longing for the timeless kitchen and home goods stocked on the shelves of Labour and Wait in East London but aren't in the UK (and thus can't have them shipped to you), Brook Farm…
- Fine-tuning your cooking and dining areas pays off in more ways than just saving resources. As in other functional zones, their success starts with awareness: Where exactly does your food come from?