Loo & Improved
When Pamela Butz and Jeffrey Klug, principals of Butz + Klug Architecture, began renovating the master bathroom of a nearly 120-year-old home in Brookline, Massachusetts, they made “all sorts of horrible discoveries,” Klug recalls. The floors were completely rotted, the structural elements had been compromised by previous plumbing jobs, and prior remodels had left the room in pieces. The toilet, sink, and shower were in one room, the tub was in another, and the two spaces, which also served as the guest bathroom, created traffic between the living room and master bedroom.
Showing image @current of @total
- The bathroom may be one of the tiniest rooms in your home, but it is often packed with products. These five bathrooms show how to stow it all away.
- Bathrooms are one of the most frequently renovated rooms in the house.
- In the Sydney, Australia, neighborhood of Rozelle, architect Christopher Polly has renovated a house with green design in mind.
- When creative director Ben Watson and his partner, painter Claudio Tschopp, relocated from Basel, Switzerland, to Portland, Oregon, three years ago, they had been told about Portland’s Pearl…
- Seven luxurious bathrooms from homes in Paris, San Diego, New York, and beyond.
- Armed with a masters in architecture from Columbia University and only 3 years in the field, architectural designer Alan Y. L.
- Furnishing and decorating all at once can end up feeling cold and impersonal, but pieces gathered over time tell a much better story and allow a sense of you to shine through.
- Tucked into the side of a scenic San Francisco hill, one of the city’s more diminutive houses battles everything from dry rot to obstructionist neighbors in order to grow up.