Jean Prouvé's Design Legacy
- Long before prefab gained renewed popularity a decade ago, mass production was considered avant-garde thinking.
Jean Prouve's enameled-steel table, with a laminate top, debuted in 1953 in France.
- MoMA’s Century of the Child: Growing by Design, 1900-2000 may be the world’s most engrossing toy box.
- In tandem with Design Miami/Basel this June, Paris Galerie Patrick Seguin will present a prototype of Jean Prouvé’s Maison des Jours Meilleurs (Better Days House).
- While the rest of my Design Miami/Art Basel cohorts were traipsing around in a sea of expensive gear, white pants, and more stilettos than you can shake a Jean Prouvé side chair at, I managed…
- Let Dwell stock your home with the latest trends and our must-have furniture picks.
- Resembling in form and function ancestors such as Jean Prouvé’s prefab Tropical House, Architect Fred Friedmeyer’s prefab structures harmonize, as much as possible, with…
- In addition to my tour of the Freitag factory in Zurich, a huge high point of my recent trip to Switzerland involved hopping over the border from Basel to 1 Charles-Eames-Strasse in Weil am Rhein,…