Finishing Touch: Art in the Modern Home
You've got all the practical furniture you need and even a few statement pieces for added interest (see some of our picks here, here, and here) but now it's time for the finishing touch of any great interior design—the art. Here, we take a look at eight fabulous modern homes complete with high design and perfectly placed works of art as the cherry on top.
@current / @total
- From an environmentally conscious structure in Houston to a contemporary farmhouse in Cleburne, these homes in the Lone Star State show that Texas is just as much a modern design hub as it is a…
- Blustery weather got you down? Here are seven fireplaces sure to warm you up.
- As previously looked at in Color Story: Orange, we take another glance at a selection of modern homes, which incorporate the inviting, warm, and eccentric color.
- Textile designer Orla Kiely’s renovated London Terrace House is punctuated by her distinctive palette and motifs.
- They haven’t always been in design favor, but throw pillows, when done right, can add warmth, color, and texture to a room like nothing else can. Six designers show us how.
- Texas is famous for supersized everything, but these six buildings are daringly diminutive.
- An aptly placed pattern does a modern interior good. Spy seven of our favorite wallcoverings in the following slideshow.
- The Texas designer shares how to create spaces that simultaneously stand out and stand the test of time.