A Custom Walnut Stair and Slide Hybrid in Chicago
- We tapped architect Julie Fisher—who designed the inventive staircase-slide hybrid in our March 2014 issue—for her expert opinion on how to shop for furniture.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- From a scarlet hanging light fixture to a crimson vintage Moroccan rag rug, we take another glance at nine modern residences that incorporate the brilliant color into their home.
- Two linked 1,000-square-foot pavilions are greater than a sum of their parts.
- Specializing in modern art, design and furniture with an emphasis on works by important 20th-century artists, designers, and architects, Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) was established in 1992 by…
- In the land of large mountain lodge wannabes, two California natives tuck Utah’s first LEED for Homes–rated house onto the side of Emigration Canyon.
- For years, Eileen and Jelle Kiesling spent much of their time in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, she as a teacher, and he as a manager for Royal Dutch Shell.
- Mill Valley, California, might not be a hotbed of modernism, but it was here, ten years ago, that Dwell came into the world alongside founder Lara Hedberg Deam’s first home—now renovated…