5 Creative Approaches to Slatted Wooden Screening
- Architect Dan Rockhill tackled a tight budget and a steep slope to build a modern Midwest haven.
- Dwell's aesthetic has been summed up by a few aesthetic traits: flat roofs, glass walls, and wood slats.
- “I can show you what it was…and what it is,” Joe Dolce says, delineating the slight, 250-square-foot addition to his Long Island summer home.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Brise soleil—architectural devices that shade structures from sunlight—offer sculptural flourishes and passively cool buildings. We examine five examples from the Dwell archive.
- Proving that creative problem solving can add more gusto to a project than a large budget, these 10 houses show that cost-consciousness reaps big rewards.
- The Hamptons, at the eastern edge of Long Island, is known as a stylish outpost, so it's not surprising that it has its share notable houses.
- Rainscreens are the modern architect's best friend. In addition to protecting structures from moisture, these application let designers experiment with an array of facade treatments.