Urban Africa and Sustainable Futures
This weekend marks the end of two exhibition's at London's Design Museum. Closing are Urban Africa: David Adjaye's Photographic Journey, which opened March 31, and Sustainable Futures: Can Design Make a Difference? (on display at the Design Museum in association with Puma.Safe). The shows are on through Sunday, September 5, but if you can't make it, click through our slideshow of highlights.
@current / @total
- This weekend features two hands-on events and exhibitions demonstrating high-tech, energy-effiencent systems you can install in your home as well as the closing of some of the season's top…
- In Mitchell’s Plain township in Cape Town, South Africa, living conditions are harsh. The congested urban landscape pushes kids into the streets to play.
- Building for a client with specific desires can be difficult, but designing for one with few programming preferences can often be harder.
- This week we're adding a new feature to our weekly Out and About articles: slideshows featuring images from each of the weekend's highlighted exhibitions.
- Though this weekend sees the last days of exhibits at the Museum of Arts and Design and the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, both in New York, it also brings the beginnings of shows in London,…
- Illustrator Mike Perry has long been a favorite at Dwell (just take a glance at his long list of contributions to the magazine).
- On Thursday, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum announced the winners of its 11th annual National Design Awards.
- A new book on passive houses by designer Julie Torres Moskovitz highlights the super-green homes of our sustainable present (and future).