Sneak Peek: Milan Furniture Fair '11
Next week, the Salone Internazionale del Mobile (also known as the Milan Furniture Fair) kicks off it in Italy's design capital, Milan. Celebrating its 50th year, the fair promises to best itself again and boasts a star-studded lineup of the who's who of the design world. We're sending our editors abroad this weekend to report on the action, and in the meantime, we offer a sneak peek at what will be debuting at the show.
Showing image @current of @total
- Fashion house Marni gives Dwell an insider’s look at their Salone del Mobile 2013 exhibition with the Education Department of the Castello di Rivoli Museo d’Arte Contemporanea.
- Every year, Cosmit, the Italian organization behind Milan's annual Salone Internazionale del Mobile furniture fair, the ne plus ultra of all international design shows, holds a press conference for…
From start to finish, Tip Ton—made for use in educational environments—saw nearly 100 prototypes before its patented forward tilt was perfected. “We knew what the problems were but weren’t yet aware of the solutions,” says designer Edward Barber.
- Bongiorno! Our editors have been on the scene at the annual furniture fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, in Milan, Italy.
- Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training.
- Collaborating with Vitra and Maharam, designer Hella Jongerius reintroduces her iconic Polder sofa in a limited-edition run of 100, out of which only nine will be sold in the US.
- Danish furniture company Carl Hansen & Son reissued Hans Wegner's classic CH33 chair at this year's Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
- As you may have noticed, Dwell is in Milan this week to scout for new furniture, accessories, and lighting at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile and the various satellite fairs around town.