Sneak Peek: Milan Furniture Fair '11
Next week, the Salone Internazionale del Mobile (also known as the Milan Furniture Fair) kicks off it in Italy's design capital, Milan. Celebrating its 50th year, the fair promises to best itself again and boasts a star-studded lineup of the who's who of the design world. We're sending our editors abroad this weekend to report on the action, and in the meantime, we offer a sneak peek at what will be debuting at the show.
@current / @total
- Fashion house Marni gives Dwell an insider’s look at their Salone del Mobile 2013 exhibition with the Education Department of the Castello di Rivoli Museo d’Arte Contemporanea.
- Every year, Cosmit, the Italian organization behind Milan's annual Salone Internazionale del Mobile furniture fair, the ne plus ultra of all international design shows, holds a press conference for…
From start to finish, Tip Ton—made for use in educational environments—saw nearly 100 prototypes before its patented forward tilt was perfected. “We knew what the problems were but weren’t yet aware of the solutions,” says designer Edward Barber.
- This week in Milan, designers from around the world are showcasing their latest work at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, where buyers and designophiles flock each April to hold their place at…
- Part one of our guide to what to see in Milan at the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile fair—first up, onsite at the Rho fairground.
- Bongiorno! Our editors have been on the scene at the annual furniture fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, in Milan, Italy.
- Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training.
- Collaborating with Vitra and Maharam, designer Hella Jongerius reintroduces her iconic Polder sofa in a limited-edition run of 100, out of which only nine will be sold in the US.