Salone Satellite 2012
- One of the most exciting perks of being lucky enough to attend Italy's Salone Internazionale del Mobile, also known as the Milan Furniture Fair, is having the opportunity to get a glimpse of…
- It's no secret that during the annual Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, one of our favorite stops is SaloneSatellite, the portion of the fair devoted to young designers under the age of 35.
- Milan-based Tania da Cruz cut her teeth in Marcel Wanders’s Amsterdam studio. “It was like living in a temporary fairy tale,” she says.
- Since their debut at SaloneSatellite in 2009, Singaporean design duo Timo Wong and Priscilla Lui have been sprinting ahead of the competition.
- Every year we visit the Salone Internazionale del Mobile fair in Milan, and every year we save SaloneSatellite—the portion of the fair dedicated to young designers under the age 35—for last.
- The Venezuelan mastermind behind the world’s largest furniture fair is an outspoken friend to the undiscovered.
- Five American studios and one university exhibited their newest wares at Milan’s 2013 Salone Satellite.
- On our second day in Milan, we gathered our wits and plunged headfirst into Salone Internazionale del Mobile—the largest furniture fair in the world.