Remy and Veenhuizen in DC
Bucking the going notion that the only conversation about design in Washington DC is of the "intelligent" kind, capital spot Industry Gallery is launching Hands On this weekend, an exhibition dedicated to the work of contemporary Dutch designers Tejo Remy and Rene Veenhuizen. Remy is an alum of the Dutch dons at Droog and his partnership with Veenhuizen has proved equally fruitful. Expect to see a variety of Atelier Remy & Veenhuizen's work at Industry Gallery from March 20 through May 8th at the only gallery in DC dedicated to 21st century design. It's the Utrecht-based firm's first solo show here in the States, and they'll be debuting a few furniture prototypes made of poured concrete.
Check out the slideshow for a quick spin through their work. All photos courtesy of Atelier Remy Veenhuizen, courtesy of Industry Gallery.
@current / @total
- This weekend, Peter Cook curates an exhibit of the next great architects, the Vitra Design Museum reopens its doors for a new exhibit showcasing modern icons and their influences, the Industry…
- "That rug really tied the room together," says Walter Sobchak in the Big Lebowski.
- On Saturday, Industry Gallery in Washington DC opened the show Nature/Data to showcase the work of the New York–based Italian architect and furniture designer Antonio Pio Saracino.
- "Warming the bench" takes on new meaning when used as a feature in modern homes.
- Industry Gallery in Washington DC is the only gallery dedicated to 21st-century design in the US, and they've got a new show up right now that's of some interest.
- It requires a long and dusty trek across the desert to reach Marfa,Texas.
Taylor, whose studio is in Stockholm, returns to the U.S.A. in February 2014 for a residency at San Francisco's NWBLK gallery. His showstopping vase, mirror, and dish are made of brass and raw concrete.
- Over 180,000 people are expected to attend Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven and the momentum is building to get a glimpse of works introduced by the Netherlands' top designers. This event…