Mohawk General Store Holiday Market
The good folks at Los Angeles's Mohawk General Store have a holiday market located just two doors from their main storefront (profiled in our "To Live and Buy in L.A." story from the April 2011 issue of Dwell). The designs—ranging from ceramics to furniture to lighting—are a mix of vintage finds and new pieces from local artisans; everything is made in the USA. Owner Kevin Carney says the best way to see what's new in the pop-up is to follow them on Instagram and look for images tagged with #mohawkholidaymarket, but in the meantime, flip though our slideshow for a taste of what's on their menu. The shop is located at 4017 West Sunset Boulevard and is open from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven days a week until January 5. On Friday, November 30, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Mohawk is hosting an opening party, so stop on over to shop, have a drink, and meet the craftspeople.
@current / @total
- Among the kitchens, prefab units, demonstrations, and presentation stages at Dwell on Design 2013, first-time exhibitor Brook&Lyn shows off impressively detailed handwoven textile art.
- In her mid-twenties, Mimi Jung quit her job as a graphic designer to start her own creative studio under the name Brook&Lyn.
- See something on the show floor you like? Chances are you'll be able to take it home with you.
- Looking for mid-century furniture? Design tomes? Earrings? An LP? Sunset Junction’s Mohawk General Store lives up to its name.
- As the first of the Dwell edit crew down in Los Angeles for Dwell on Design, I've had a chance to cruise around a bit soaking up all the good Angeleno design vibes.
- There's more to making it as a designer than creating great goods—you also need to find an avenue through which to share your wares.
- Currently on view in Los Angeles is an unconventional show organized by the artist Fritz Haeg, best known for his Edible Estates project, in which he helps homeowners replace their front lawns with…
- Is there such a thing as "home" without music?