Marin Living: Home Tours
Sadly I won't be able to make it, but if you're in the Bay Area next Saturday, May 15th, you should seriously consider signing up for the first AIASF home tour of the year. Marin Living: Home Tours kicks things off just over the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County. There you'll be welcomed into a handful of modern homes in various communities in an open-house format. Have a look at the slideshow for a taste of what will be on view and click here to sign up.
@current / @total
- In the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, Ahmad Djuhara is on a one-man crusade to blow away the conservative cobwebs of the city’s dowdy suburban architecture.
- Designed for her parents and generations to come, Amanda Yates's seaside New Zealand house is "somewhere between architecture and landscape" but firmly rooted in family life.
- Spying a body of water—be it a placid lake, roaring ocean, glassy pond, or snaking river—from your bedroom window is one of the fairest sights one can see.
- Last month architect Jenda Michl of Vertu Studio in Los Angeles completed a lovely bit of work on his parents' house in Boulder, Colorado.
- Dwell's popular Home Tours included a Breezehouse by Blu Homes in Healdsburg as a bonus tour during this spring's Marin Home Tours.
- With its architectural history reaching back to the ancient Greeks, Syracuse, on the island of Sicily, has plenty of old bones.
- In a former fishermen’s cottage outside Copenhagen, a young family has carved out a cozy, light-filled home.
- Building a small home doesn’t equate to easy lifting.