Hyundai Ride and Drive
Recently Dwell partnered with the Hyundai Sonata Uncensored campaign, an interactive, traveling exhibit designed to welcome visitors to a unique space where they could learn more about the Hyundai brand. As part of the collaboration, Bay Area designer and architect Christopher Deam created an installation piece called The Porch, a modern hangout for guests to take a load off, sip a beverage, and learn a little bit about modern design and the Hyundai Sonata. We caught up with Deam as he shared his inspiration behind his design.
@current / @total
As part of our Design Leaders video series, David Baker explores San Francisco's growing Livable City campaign.
- It can be slightly amusing that during NeoCon, the massive commercial furniture fair where vendors push solutions for a more serene office environment, the bustling atmosphere is anything but…
- One of the most devastating crises to hit Japan in over 60 years, the March earthquake and tsunami left the country shocked, traumatized and distressed.
- Palm Springs Modernism Week, the Walker Art Center's new painting group exhibition (its first in a decade), a Van Alen Institute book launch, and more.
- A spot to foster conviviality with passersby, a place to perch a chair and enjoy the outdoors, a threshold between inside and out, and an informal living room for neighborhoods—the porch is…
- A change of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, neighborhood for Rick and Susan Moreland meant a chance to create a thoroughly modern house that owes its sleek, sustainable form to its vernacular roots.
Discover ways to make your home a smart home at the 3rd annual Marin Home & Garden Expo. In addition to over 200 exhibitors and two days of demos and lectures on all things Home and Garden, there will be great food and music allowing attendees to rest and refuel before continuing on their discovery of what is new, cool and sustainable. Bring the kids! Hands on building projects will take place in the kid's zone.
Experience an interactive Smart Home technology exhibit that puts audio/video and lighting control right at your fingertips. SRS Custom Integration of San Rafael have planned a fully integrated exhibit where Expo attendees can experience firsthand how one smart device such as an iPad can be used to control lighting, window shades, and audio/visual and gaming systems.
Exhibitors will showcase how to make your home smarter with innovative ideas and sustainable trends in how we build, live in and care for our homes and gardens. The Marin Home & Garden Expo will connect you with hundreds of local businesses who are experts in helping you create your ideal dwelling and show you how to get your home working for you.
Special landscape exhibits will be created on the fairgrounds by recipients of the new Landscape Innovation Award: Outdoor Environments and Reilly Designs.
- Here are seven striking finds from Dwell's first day roaming the sprawling floor (or floors, really) of the 2014 International CES, formerly known as the International Consumer Electronics Show in…