Herman Miller in Syracuse, NY
We've sent Dwell senior editor Aaron Britt to Michigan to visit the Herman Miller factory and Herman Miller has sent some of its collection to Syracuse, New York, for the new Good Design: Stories from Herman Miller exhibit. The show opens Saturday, August 14 (with a kick-off party on Friday, August 13) and will be on display through October 17. Inspired by John R. Berry's book Herman Miller: the Purpose of Design (published by Rizzoli in 2004 and updated in 2009), the exhibition, which Berry guest curates, explores the design processes behind Herman Miller's most iconic pieces.
@current / @total
- Whether our recent essay "The Real Cost of Rip-Offs" got you thinking about the dark side of the knockoff industry—or left you unfazed and unconvinced—we'd like to continue the…
- As part of our ongoing feature The Full Spectrum, a video series that focuses on color theory, we were invited to get a personal tour of the famed Herman Miller headquarters in Holland, Michigan.
Whether you think you have what it takes to be the next master chef or just enjoy whipping up simple, delicious dishes at home, you will love these durable, heatproof and handsome kitchen tools from "Good Design" Award winner FD Style.
- At a time when everyone is talking about working from home versus working in the office (thanks, Yahoo!), does it really matter where you sit?
The tall back and vertebrae-like support of the Embody chair will be sure to keep you in your office and not the chiropractor's.
- With its architectural history reaching back to the ancient Greeks, Syracuse, on the island of Sicily, has plenty of old bones.
- "I can never understand why people employ decorators," posits Sir Terence Conran, a man whose surname is synonymous with design.
- Danish designer Jens Risom, who designed the first-ever Knoll chair, collaborated with DWR to offer their Jens Risom Collection. Here's a few of our favorite pieces.