Fashion's Night Out: Dinosaur Designs
In their light-filled studio in Sydney Australia’s Strawberry Hills, Louise Olsen and Steve Ormandy fashion resin destined for landfill into jewelry and home wares of rare beauty. Their studio’s name, Dinosaur Designs, is a play on the longevity of their pieces—they last forever.
@current / @total
- Fresh this September from the Sydney-based Dinosaur Designs studio famous for its sensuous resin jewels, are the first furniture pieces, a set of two lines of charismatic side tables.
- Caitlin Mociun has been a Brooklyn design fixture since graduating from RISD with a BFA in textile design.
- In an up-and-coming area of Copenhagen, a pair of designers and their twin girls inhabit a converted loft, filling it with serious design savvy and a hefty dose of creativity.
- Obsessed with Southwestern art and one-of-a-kind crafts, the owners of this Portland, Oregon, store explain their aesthetic in ten easy pieces.
- Hailing from Montpellier in the south of France, Xavier Le Roy is a renowned modern choreographer (and former biochemist) whose work kneads together space, human body, and machine.
- As cofounder of the iconic Dutch collective Droog, industrial designer Gijs Bakker further defined the design identity of his homeland, the Netherlands, as simple and playful, conceptual but clearly…
- Last month artist and designer Phuc Van Dang sent me a note about our mutual love of color. That email exchange led to more, and allowed me to discover more about his varied works.
- Omer Arbel is a Vancouver–based architect and designer who creates spaces and objects in equal measure.