"Fare" Trade Furniture
As Andy Freeberg perused Chelsea's galleries he noticed an interesting phenomenon: at some of the most prominent galleries, the only human presence was a person's head poking from the top of an ominous reception desk. Chronicled in the series "Sentry," Freeberg examined the phenomenon, capturing stoic images of some of the most popular New York galleries. In his most-recent series, titled "Art Fare," Freeberg revisits gallery desks, but this time at art fairs, where the large desks are ripped away and the gallerists are sitting out front for all to see.
@current / @total
- One of the best bits of design I saw in Miami, when I was there last month for Design Miami and Art Basel Miami Beach, was well off the gallery-party-hotel circuit.
- I saw a lot of art and a lot of design amidst the Basel melee in Miami last week.
- "Nordic Models + Common Ground: Art and Design Unfolded" recently opened at New York's Scandinavia House.
- Aaron Britt: Having been to Miami several times now, most recently for Design Miami and Art Basel Miami Beach just last month, I've grown increasingly fond of the place.
- Though the Campana brothers carried the day at Design Miami, and Art Basel housed more Jean Dubuffet than you’d care to buy, or sell, the graphic designer holding court on Miami Beach this past…
- Founded in 2007 by Léonard Vernhet and Thomas Subreville, Ill-Studio is a multidisciplinary design agency based in Paris, France.
- While the rest of my Design Miami/Art Basel cohorts were traipsing around in a sea of expensive gear, white pants, and more stilettos than you can shake a Jean Prouvé side chair at, I managed…
- Self-taught photographer Matthias Heiderich has spent the past three years roaming around Berlin, snapping photos with his medium-format film camera and Pentax digital camera.