Dwell Favorites Head to Venice Architecture Biennale
- The curators of the U.S. Pavilion bring a working architectural office to the Venice Architecture Biennale.
- The theme for the 13th Venice Biennale as defined by David Chipperfield is Common Ground.
- Crane.tv, the excellent video magazine focusing on design and contemporary culture, has teamed up with Port, the best men's mag out of the UK, to produce this great look at the British pavilion at…
- Designing For Retail Spaces sponsored by Flexform
6-8pm | Flexform | 155 East 56th Street | New York
Architects will talk about designing for retail, with input from the cutting-edge fashion designers whose brand they build in the three-dimensional space. Hear from the designers of iconic New York boutiques, like Alexander Wang, Phillip Lim, and Steven Alan. Moderated by Dwell editor Kelsey Keith, brothers Christopher and Dominic Leong of Leong Leong, designer Dror Benshetrit and TBD, the panel will discuss the process of creating rigorous design for a very tailored purpose. What do retailers look for in displaying fashion to a design-conscious public? Sponsored by Flexform.
- The 2012 Venice Biennale is currently taking place until September 25th. Earlier in the week, we shared a recap of the event and here we bring you more photos from the exhibition.
The Venice Biennale, which has its offices in Ca' Giustinian (San Marco, 1364/A), has for over a century been one of the most prestigious cultural institutions in the world. Ever since its foundation in 1895, it has been in the avant-garde, promoting new artistic trends and organising international events in contemporary arts. It is world-beating for the International Film Festival, for the International Art Exhibition and for the International Architecture Exhibition, and continues the great tradition of the Festival of Contemporary Music, the Theatre Festival, now flanked by the Festival of Contemporary Dance.
- An uncannily simple white cube gallery space wrapped in black granite comes to the Australian pavilion of the Venice Architecture Biennale.
In partnership with Haworth, Dwell, LA Forum, SCI-Arc, and BLDG BLOG, the event will be an evening to meet fellow Los Angeleno architects as well as a celebration of Los Angeles architecture culture.
If you are in the Southern California area, please attend. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.