Dutch Design Week 2012, Pt. 3
During Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven—The Netherlands' creative nexus—we had the chance to see firsthand what conceptual thinkers, designers, and artists are working on. Demonstrated by workshops, lectures, and provocative artistic statements, a collection of thoughts and ideas relating to transportation, food, and the environment embraces new technological sciences impacted by the changing social conscience. As always, the breadth and depth of the work was impressive. We've collected some highlights for you to enjoy.
@current / @total
- It is a beautiful autumn day in the Netherlands and a great buzz has settled upon Eindhoven as this year’s Dutch Design Week 2012, themed "Enter a brave new world," kicks off.
- The Dutch design duo's newest creations, released during Salone del Mobile 2014.
- Over 180,000 people are expected to attend Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven and the momentum is building to get a glimpse of works introduced by the Netherlands' top designers. This event…
- If you find yourself in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, next week—or even Belgium, Denmark, or northern Germany—hie thee to Dutch Design Week.
Cheery, textured textiles for the beach or poolside designed by the impresarios of pastel, Dutch design duo Stefan Scholten and Carole Baijings.
One of Japan’s oldest porcelain manufacturers, Arita, hired Dutch duo Scholten & Baijings to design a minimalist tabletop collection using traditional Japanese glazes like yellow ochre and aquarelle blue.
- Food designer Marije Vogelzang creates recipes, plated presentations, and even molecular gastronomic buffets, turning the dining experience into a full-sensory immersion that makes us think not only…
From October 17 through October 25 2009, Eindhoven presents the 8th edition of Dutch Design Week, the largest design event in the Netherlands. Around 1500 designers from home and abroad will show their work in more than 60 locations all over the city of Eindhoven from design disciplines such as industrial design, concept design, graphic design, textile & fashion, spatial design, fooddesign and design management & trends. Visitors will be given insight into the entire development process from concept to product in various disciplines ranging from industrial design to applied arts.