Dutch Design Week 2012, Pt. 3
During Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven—The Netherlands' creative nexus—we had the chance to see firsthand what conceptual thinkers, designers, and artists are working on. Demonstrated by workshops, lectures, and provocative artistic statements, a collection of thoughts and ideas relating to transportation, food, and the environment embraces new technological sciences impacted by the changing social conscience. As always, the breadth and depth of the work was impressive. We've collected some highlights for you to enjoy.
Showing image @current of @total
One of Japan’s oldest porcelain manufacturers, Arita, hired Dutch duo Scholten & Baijings to design a minimalist tabletop collection using traditional Japanese glazes like yellow ochre and aquarelle blue.
- It is a beautiful autumn day in the Netherlands and a great buzz has settled upon Eindhoven as this year’s Dutch Design Week 2012, themed "Enter a brave new world," kicks off.
- The Design Museum London’s annual "Designs of the Year" exhibition acts as a wonderful filter for a year’s worth of production and creativity.
- If you find yourself in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, next week—or even Belgium, Denmark, or northern Germany—hie thee to Dutch Design Week.
- Over 180,000 people are expected to attend Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven and the momentum is building to get a glimpse of works introduced by the Netherlands' top designers. This event…
From October 17 through October 25 2009, Eindhoven presents the 8th edition of Dutch Design Week, the largest design event in the Netherlands. Around 1500 designers from home and abroad will show their work in more than 60 locations all over the city of Eindhoven from design disciplines such as industrial design, concept design, graphic design, textile & fashion, spatial design, fooddesign and design management & trends. Visitors will be given insight into the entire development process from concept to product in various disciplines ranging from industrial design to applied arts.
- Food designer Marije Vogelzang creates recipes, plated presentations, and even molecular gastronomic buffets, turning the dining experience into a full-sensory immersion that makes us think not only…
Each year in October Dutch Design Week is organized by Design Platform Eindhoven (DPE). DPE is a professional organization that, supported by the Eindhoven Design community, seeks to develop a stimulating and dynamic design climate in all cultural, social and economic domains in the region of Eindhoven. To that end, DPE organizes events, conferences, lectures and workshops based on three major dimensions: cultural stimulation, social cohesion and economic enhancement.