Dutch Design Week 2012, Pt. 1
- Over 180,000 people are expected to attend Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven and the momentum is building to get a glimpse of works introduced by the Netherlands' top designers. This event…
- During Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven—The Netherlands' creative nexus—we had the chance to see firsthand what conceptual thinkers, designers, and artists are working on.
- Last week painter and illustrator Maira Kalman was in San Francisco to kick off the Contemporary Jewish Museum's run of her new show Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (Of a Crazy World).
- I ventured to Stephen Burks' "Man Made" exhibit a few days after returning home to New York City from a trip to India.
- Each year the Oscar nominations come out, and while we dicker about whether Inception made any sense, or if Black Swan was high camp or high art, we usually stop and reflect "Man, it would be…
- The threads of turn-of-the-20th century radicalism in the arts and design have by now pretty much been woven into one broad yarn: capital-M Modernism.
- We present to you a week of our design-finds.
- There's an interesting new museum in Israel, just south of Tel Aviv, with a corkscrewing exterior of rust-red Cor-Ten steel: Design Museum Holon, designed by Ron Arad.