DIFFA Picnic by Design 2013
@current / @total
- Dwell was proud to be the media sponsor for this year's 2nd Annual Picnic By Design.
Picnic By Design is an exciting new summer soiree benefiting DIFFA. Guests will enjoy an urban picnic and movie night with their fully equipped picnic basket for two, designed by renowned New York Talents. Don't miss your chance to take part in this exciting new event!
Dinner: 6.30 - 8 pm. | Cocktail: 8-11 pm.
Join Dwell as the Official Media Sponsor! Click here for more information about how to attend.
Taking MoMA's exhibition The New Typography as a point of departure, curator Juliet Kinchin leads the discussion on the once and future meanings of New Typography.
In the 1920s and 1930s, the so-called New Typography movement brought graphics and information design to the forefront of the artistic avant-garde in Central Europe. The New Typography, an installation of posters and numerous small-scale works, is drawn from MoMA's rich collection of Soviet Russian, German, Dutch, and Czechoslovakian graphics.
Guests will receive a set of limited-edition coasters designed by Chester Jenkins.
- For fans of good design, great writing, and smart cultural objects, consider the Bük.
- There’s trouble underfoot if you’re building a green home without considering your flooring. Take stock of these sustainable wood options that let you tread lightly on the land.
- Santiago may be a tamer city than its South American brethren, but as architect Sebastián Irarrázaval tells us, there's change afoot where colonial legacy meets modern urban design.
- We're digging the new multi-purpose Picnic Bag from San Francisco based Yield Design Co. It goes from being an everyday stylish and useful tote bag to a picnic blanket in a pinch.
- Chicago-based auction house Wright is well-regarded for its 20th-century furniture sales—and for discoveries of underrated modern craft.