Antibodies: The Campanas in Palm Springs
Making its only West Coast stop before shipping out to Mexico and Japan, Antibodies: The Works of Fernando and Humberto Campana, 1999-2009 is currently on view at the Palm Springs Art Museum in Palm Springs, California. The Campana Brothers have been at the fore of the design world not just for their playful forms and embrace of overlooked materials (stuffed animals, anyone?), but because the Brazilian duo has continued to surprise. From now until February 24 you've got as good a chance as any to see a decade of their best work under one roof in sunny Palm Springs. Click through for quick tour of what's put the Campanas squarely on the international furniture map.
@current / @total
- The Brazilian furniture designers and Clerkenwell headliners discuss letting the material make decisions and designing furniture with soul.
- This weekend features openings and closing around the globe--from Toronto to Pittsburgh to Beijing--plus a one-day program we couldn't be more excited about: Edible Geography blogger Nicola Twilley…
- Taking place over three days in May, London’s Clerkenwell Design Week has established itself as a stop on the international design circuit over the last five years.
Modernism Week is a celebration of mid-century modern design, architecture and culture in the Palm Springs area. This design aesthetic, originated in the 1950s and 60s, was typified by clean, simple lines and celebrated elegant informality which came to define desert modernism.
In the winter of 2006, a few local design and architecture aficionados created Modernism Week to showcase Palm Springs' world-renowned mid-century modern architecture. It has since expanded into a 10-day period filled with a variety of events, including architecture tours, films, lectures, an architecture symposium, educational events as well as chic and fun parties in cool mid-century modern homes. The 6th Annual Palm Springs Modernism Week will take place February 17-27, 2011.
- The opening exhibition of Thomas Hayes Gallery in Hollywood embodies the showroom’s renewed focus on art, with works by artists representing an array of generations, backgrounds, mediums and…
- In our September entertaining issue, we profiled the one and only Murray Moss, New York design impresario and "ringmaster" of the over-the-top, irreverent design objects with high price tags.
- Galerie Kreo is one of the most unique spaces I know of for design.
- A new exhibit at the Museum of Arts & Design celebrates an enduring medium.