8 Exhibits to See Over the Holidays
With a few days off and some time to travel, now is your chance to catch new shows as well as the tail ends of the exhibitions you've been meaning to make it to. We've rounded up 8 must-see exhibits—with links to slideshows of images from each in case online is as close to on location as you're able to get.
@current / @total
- This week we're adding a new feature to our weekly Out and About articles: slideshows featuring images from each of the weekend's highlighted exhibitions.
- This week's Out and About column features three new show openings and one closing. Can't make it to the exhibits? View our slideshow of selected images from the shows and read more below.
- A new exhibit opened this weekend at the Art Institute of Chicago.
An exhibition organized and produced by Triennale Design Museum in collaboration with The Academy of Art University and The Italian Cultural Institute of San Francisco. An overview of contemporary Italian design that explains and describes the transition of the movement and its links with economic, political, and technological changes that have occured over the recent decades. Opening Saturday June, 22. On view through Saturday, August 17.
- Last weekend, The Art of Structure opened at the Carnegie Museum of Art Heinz Architectural Center.
- There are many famous structures we associate with Le Corbusier (Chandigarh in India, Villa Savoye in France, the United Nations headquarters in New York), the Saddam Hussein Sports Complex in…
- In the new exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago titled Hyperlinks: Architecture and Design, AIC curator Zoe Ryan and collaborator Joseph Rosa, director of the University of Michigan Museum of Art…
- As we began dispersing for the holidays—heading our separate ways to SoCal and all the way to the Carribean—we take a look back at the best of what we saw worldwide in 2010.