2010 National Design Awards
On Thursday, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum announced the winners of its 11th annual National Design Awards. The program honors individuals and organizations across a variety of creative platforms, which this year included Lifetime Achievement, Design Mind, Corporate and Institutional Achievement, Architecture Deisgn, Communication Design, Fashion Design, Interaction Design, Interior Design, Landscape Design, and Product Design. We were excited to see some of our favorites—KierenTimberlake, Aidlin Darling Design, Andrea Cochran, Frog Design—among the winners and finalists and congratulate all the honorees, who will be feted on October 14 in New York.
@current / @total
- The International Interior Design Association Northern California Chapter threw their party of the year on March 2 to toast the 2011 IIDA NC Honor Award winners.
- Through an exhibition at a California museum, an award-winning San Francisco architecture firm offers a glimpse into its design process.
- On Friday, June 21, we presented our third-annual Dwell on Design Awards, in which we handed out custom-made awards designed by Dwell creative director Alejandro Chavetta and the San Francisco design…
- This week, the AIA San Francisco kicks off its ninth annual Architecture and the City festival.
- In honor of noted New Orleans architect Allen Eskew, who died Tuesday, we meander through the great design and architecture we love from the Big Easy.
As part of The Architectural League's 2012-2013 Current Work program, a presentation of the work of significant international figures who influence contemporary architectural practice, Tod Williams and Billie Tsien will be featured in a discussion with Annabelle Selldorf of Selldorf Architects on Wednesday, October 24, at 7:00 p.m. Williams and Tsien are both recipients of the American Academy of Arts and Letters Brunner Award, the Cooper Hewitt National Design Award, and the Architectural League's President's Medal, among others. The lecture is co-sponsored by The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture at The Cooper Union. Tickets for this event are free for League members and $15 for non-members. Members may reserve a ticket by e-mailing: email@example.com
- Dwell was proud to be named a finalist this year for the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Awards in the category of Corporate Achievement.
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.