2010 National Design Awards
On Thursday, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum announced the winners of its 11th annual National Design Awards. The program honors individuals and organizations across a variety of creative platforms, which this year included Lifetime Achievement, Design Mind, Corporate and Institutional Achievement, Architecture Deisgn, Communication Design, Fashion Design, Interaction Design, Interior Design, Landscape Design, and Product Design. We were excited to see some of our favorites—KierenTimberlake, Aidlin Darling Design, Andrea Cochran, Frog Design—among the winners and finalists and congratulate all the honorees, who will be feted on October 14 in New York.
Showing image @current of @total
- The International Interior Design Association Northern California Chapter threw their party of the year on March 2 to toast the 2011 IIDA NC Honor Award winners.
- On Friday, June 21, we presented our third-annual Dwell on Design Awards, in which we handed out custom-made awards designed by Dwell creative director Alejandro Chavetta and the San Francisco design…
- This summer, the Danish Architecture Center in Copenhagen opened an exhibition celebrating the work of Pritzker Prize-winning Japanese design studio Sanaa.
- This week, the AIA San Francisco kicks off its ninth annual Architecture and the City festival.
- Dwell Media in partnership with the Big Ass Fan Company is proud to announce the winners of this year’s inaugural Dwell Vision Award, Amanda Schachter and Alexander Levi of SLO Architecture.
- One of our favorite architects Down Under is the Melbourne-based, but Tasmania-bred, Andrew Maynard.
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.
- Though there are hundreds of exhibitors at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), a select few were called out for their exceptional wares by a panel of judges who name the Editors'…