2010 BKLYN Designs
It's that time of year again—spring!—and this weekend BKLYN DESIGNS, a three-day contemporary design tradeshow featuring furniture, lighting, carpeting, flooring, and wall coverings, returns to Brooklyn. There will be dozens of designers featuring all kinds of wares, so if you're in New York, head down and peruse. Once you're there, it's easy to get around—just jump on their free shuttle bus that runs loops between the event and the Brooklyn Borough Hall. If you can't get to the show in person, never fear. We've rounded up a few items from the show in this here slideshow.
@current / @total
- One of the most interesting furniture companies I've come across lately is Fin Art Co. based in Denver, Colorado.
- I recently discovered the work of Chadhaus, a four-year-old Seattle-based company that builds beautiful modern furniture from hardwoods and recycled steel sourced mostly in the Pacific Northwest.
- From a warm slab countertop to a modern dining table and chairs, we love homes that customize their interiors with walnut accents.
- Add Asher Israelow to our list of young guns to watch.
- Thanks to Matthew Hufft, their envelope-pushing architect and longtime friend, Hannah and Paul Catlett have a new home in southwestern Missouri that’s a fresh, unconventional take on the…
- Growing up in southeastern Wisconsin, Vincent and Paul Georgeson used to hang out in their father’s basement woodshop, fascinated by the process of building things.
Whether you’re serving hot dogs or coq-au-vin, this picnic-style table from Voos is a perfect blend of warm Black Walnut and cold stainless steel. This beauty may not be for parks, but it’s definitely for recreation.
- We take a dive into our archives for five more of the best modern dining rooms (see Part One here) from a colorful British reboot to a Le Corbusier-inspired Parisian setting. Bon appétit!