2010 BKLYN Designs
It's that time of year again—spring!—and this weekend BKLYN DESIGNS, a three-day contemporary design tradeshow featuring furniture, lighting, carpeting, flooring, and wall coverings, returns to Brooklyn. There will be dozens of designers featuring all kinds of wares, so if you're in New York, head down and peruse. Once you're there, it's easy to get around—just jump on their free shuttle bus that runs loops between the event and the Brooklyn Borough Hall. If you can't get to the show in person, never fear. We've rounded up a few items from the show in this here slideshow.
@current / @total
- One of the most interesting furniture companies I've come across lately is Fin Art Co. based in Denver, Colorado.
- From a warm slab countertop to a modern dining table and chairs, we love homes that customize their interiors with walnut accents.
- I recently discovered the work of Chadhaus, a four-year-old Seattle-based company that builds beautiful modern furniture from hardwoods and recycled steel sourced mostly in the Pacific Northwest.
- Add Asher Israelow to our list of young guns to watch.
- In this series, Sebastian Mariscal designs a home in Venice, California, that brings the outside in. We track the project from start to finish with resident Michael Sylvester.
- Thanks to Matthew Hufft, their envelope-pushing architect and longtime friend, Hannah and Paul Catlett have a new home in southwestern Missouri that’s a fresh, unconventional take on the…
- Growing up in southeastern Wisconsin, Vincent and Paul Georgeson used to hang out in their father’s basement woodshop, fascinated by the process of building things.
- For the third installment in our table design series, (see the Dining Table series here and the Kitchen Table series here) we focus on the hardworking coffee table, center of everything from meals to…