From the Show Floor: Dwell Outdoor
Abuzz with visitors discovering and testing out all manner of sustainable alfresco products, Dwell Outdoor drew a huge crowd all day Saturday, with many filing in and out of a brand-new modern Airstream trailer and the eco-friendly home designed by ecofabulous founder Zem Joaquin. Standouts were the beautifully designed chicken coop, complete with real chickens, landscape architecture firm Shades of Green’s booth covered completely in real sod, and oversize pebble–like outdoor seating by Eis Design, but every one of the elements on the floor helped bring home the fact that sustainable outdoor living is striking, smart and here for good.
@current / @total
- You may have already spied our show floor recaps of Modern Lifestyle, Furniture and Accessories, Kitchen and Bath, and perennial favorite Dwell Outdoor, but here we share our greatest hits from…
- Talk about farm-to-table. Having your own chickens means the freshest of eggs and no further than your own backyard. Of course, you'll need a place to house your hens.
- With all the talk of chickens being kept as pets in urban areas, it's nice to know there's a modern chicken coop alternative.
- With summer just around the corner, there is no better time and place to plan an outdoor excursion. Take a look at these five functional and sustainable housing units, that embrace nature's charm.
- Who doesn't love a chicken run? This cool coop is by David Rosen, an Associate Producer at CBS News in New York.
- If you live in an apartment or otherwise lack a patch in which to plant a garden, Potting Shed Creations' Grow Bottles (also available at sustainable-living shop Branch) might be your answer to…
- Each year, Dwell on Design partners with Ecofabulous to design and decorate a fully-appointed residence that epitomizes aspirational sustainable living.
- Switching coasts from Brooklyn to Portland gave architects Mitchell Snyder and Shelley Martin a new set of unexpected clients: three young hens.