Radical Sustainability with Mitchell Joachim
Environmental thought leader, architect, and urban designer Mitchell Joachim joined Dwell editor Amanda Dameron Friday, June 21, at Dwell on Design, sharing his most innovative ideas for the city of the future. In classic Joachim fashion, his fascinating presentation was a volley of high-concept solutions delivered with characteristic charm and humor. Here, we share slideshow highlights—and a few of Joachim's highly-quotable gems.
@current / @total
- Meat houses, McMansions on wheels, and cars that kiss and hug might sound like ideas for an unpublished Dr.
- In this installment of Three Buildings, we put our standard question—which three buildings have changed the way you think about design—to Mitchell Joachim of Terreform ONE.
- Is biologically based architecture the next big thing? Architect Mitchell Joachim thinks so. He proffers radical ways to rethink the science of structures.
- You may have already spied our show floor recaps of Modern Lifestyle, Furniture and Accessories, Kitchen and Bath, and perennial favorite Dwell Outdoor, but here we share our greatest hits from…
- Honestly, when the book Sustainism is the New Modernism: A Cultural Manifesto for the Sustainist Era (D.A.P. / Distributed Art Publishers, New York) first crossed my desk, I wasn't sure how to react.
- In our latest contest, Show Us How You Nest, we asked to see how much better your home would look with a new Nest Learning Thermostat. Here are our favorite 20 entries.
- We put the same six questions to everyone we talked to for the Now 99 issue to learn what they’re reading, rethinking, and totally sick of.
- We recap 2013's top headlines related to design and architecture.