Preview: Asia Now
Each year at Dwell on Design we trust the animal-like instincts of designboom to seek out and deliver the best contemporary design from around the planet. This year is no different: designboom will present Asia Now: Exploring Design Culture, a survey of cutting-edge designers hand-selected from 11 countries throughout Asia. Here's a preview of some of the Far East treats you'll see on display at Dwell on Design, June 25-27 in Los Angeles. Register now at dwellondesign.com.
@current / @total
Artist Mitsuru Koga will fly in from Japan to lead this workshop, which will take place over the course of two days. There are only eight spots available for each day, so make your reservation ASAP by calling 310-396-7335 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to bring your own scissors!
- Cities and countries have many faces, and the one known to travelers and foreigners often differs from that of the everyday.
- Don't leave the kids at home when you head downtown to Dwell on Design this weekend!
- Perhaps these modern, whimsical rockets ingeniously crafted by Brooklyn-based designer Pat Kim won't fly you to the moon, nor zip you past the stars, but they'll surely pep up any space.
- Laguna Beach–based lighting company Cerno is joining Dwell on Design once again.
- Bound by Auckland, New Zealand's strict building codes, architect Michael O'Sullivan saved the flash for the inside of the Wood family home.
- Our blogger roundup from the September issue introduces some of the most influential design tastemakers on the World Wide Web.
- As president of global development at Starbucks, architect Arthur Rubinfeld and his team are responsible for everything you love about your local Starbucks, minus the coffee: That's the design, site…