Pinboards Come to Life in the Pinterest Pavilion
+ Read Article
Dwell editors made a special visit to the Pinterest Pavilion on the show floor Saturday, where we met and chatted with the winners of the Dwell on Design Pin-spiration Designer Competition. The designers, all ASID members, shared their 3-D “pinboards,” brought to life in the form of vibrant fabrics, wallcoverings, clippings, greenery, and even a blue cuckoo clock. The group caught the eye of the panel of ASID and Dwell judges through pinboards they created last month, in which they created pinboards using Sherwin-Williams colors and Sunbrella fabrics, as well as the endless sources of inspiration found on Pinterest. The winners were invited to bring those boards to life in the form of a 3-D interpretation on the show floor—and brought it they did.
Showing image @current of @total
- For designers, artists, and virtual hoarders, Pinterest is the perfect website for whiling away hours.
- As a follow-up to Pinterest's top design boards, we've discovered 10 more boards that are leading the social scene in modern architecture and design.
- Dwell on Design is pleased to announce the first annual Pin to Win Designer Pin-spiration Competition!
- Inspired by the Vedbæk House, a former fishermen's cottage outside of Copenhagen, we've gathered a sampling of Scandinavian interiors from our Pinterest boards.
- With the Northeast still digging itself out from under the snow, we offer these cozy winter abodes as cataloged on the Dwell Pinterest board, Winter Wonderland. Stay warm, friends!
- The kitchen is undeniably the heart of the modern home.
- I got a note recently from Heather Lins of Heather Lins Home about her new eco-friendly pillows.