Keynote Address from Michael Graves
@current / @total
- Last week, JCPenney (now known as JCP) launched several collaborative home collections from renowned designers.
- With lines from Jonathan Adler, Michael Graves, and Sir Terence Conran, jcpenney’s new home collection includes modern interpretations of everyday items, from sofas to TV cabinets and floor lamps to…
- We've been eagerly waiting for Dwell on Design for weeks, and as a result, we've been talking about it nonstop. Here are five events you might have missed in all of the excitement.
Michael Graves, world-renowned and award winning architect and designer, creates buildings and products that foster well-being and contribute to the quality of life for all of us. This stainless steel tea pot has convenient flip top whistle that spins and a soft touch stay cool handle.
Dwell visits renowned architect and designer Michael Graves at his home in Princeton, New Jersey, to discuss his thoughts on his career, his practice, and universal design.
- As usual, prefab homes abound on the show floor at Dwell on Design.
This exhibition will showcase Graves's style and will also focus on the roles of context, accessibility, and total design in his work.
An architectural mini-retrospective section will represent a range of the firm's projects, through models, drawings, and photographs, including the Fargo-Moorhead Cultural Bridge (1977), the Washington Monument Restoration (1998-2000), the Minneapolis Institute of Arts Target Wing (2006), and an extensive integrated resort in Sentosa, Singapore (2006 - present). A section devoted to product design, which has literally made Graves a household name, will include his iconic whistling bird teakettle for Alessi (1985), jewelry designs for Belvedere (1991), selections from his "top 25" product designs for Target (1999-present), and a soon-to-be-launched line of accessibility products for Drive Medical.
- In preparation for Dwell on Design, we look forward to Michael Graves and the inspiration he will provide as our keynote speaker in June.