Interior Inspiration: 5 Bold Ways to Use Color
@current / @total
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
Using Le Corbusier's 1931 classic, Polychromie Architecturale, as her inspiration, Dwell founder Lara Deam presents her third custom-created color palette using hues from Ralph Lauren Paint.
- Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance.
- We continue our exploration of color in the modern home with this installment on bright, cheery yellow.
For the last of four custom color palettes inspired by Corbusier's 1930s book, Polychromie Architecturale, Dwell founder Lara Deam selected Ralph Lauren's Bicycle Yellow as a vibrant counterpoint to a trio of neutrals.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.
- One grand gesture is all it takes for a small space to make maximum impact, whether its high-powered wallpaper, a splurge-worthy piece of furniture, or a gutsy paint job, we share our favorite bold…