Highlights of Dwell on Design 2011 from The Fox is Black
Essentially the West Coast equivalent of ICFF in New York, but with less hype and austerity, Dwell On Design is an exciting time for Los Angeles. It unites designers, creatives, larger corporations, as well as the average person on their quest to beautify their home.
Showing image @current of @total
- Temperatures were sweltering in L.A.
- When you spill lakes of digital ink and snap loads of pictures documenting your own event (tired of Dwell on Design yet, gentle readers?) you can easily lose perspective of what the folk you're…
- This year's showstopper at the Montreal International Interior Design Show (SIMID) was without a doubt the Soft collection by Molo.
- A desk, a loveseat, and a shelving system -- all in one single flat pack? I, too, was amazed at the clever level of reconfigurability when I saw these new pieces appear in my inbox.
- It’s been a busy few months for Willard Ford and Andrea Ching. The duo launched Ford + Ching, their joint-venture furniture and design company, in June at Dwell on Design.
- This weekend was a celebration of design in Montreal, Canada--particularly pieces created and manufacturer in the city--at the 22nd annual Montreal International Interior Design Show (SIDIM).
- We've been following molo, the Vancouver-based design firm, for quite some time now, featuring their soft collection previously on Dwell.com and bestowing our Best of Show award on their booth at the…
- This past weekend I attended Dwell's first annual Design Lab, which took over a raw penthouse space in the new Millenium Tower in San Francisco's SOMA district and spotlighted 13 local designers.