Green Inspiration: Dwell on Design Preview
+ Read Article
We always have strong green programming at Dwell on Design—from prefabs and solar arrays on the show floor to panel discussions and presentations on three stages—and this year is no exception. Highlights from this coming weekend, June 21-23, 2013, include a free green car ride-and-drive, multiple panels on Prefab construction, interior designers discussing How to Green Your Home—plus a presentation from sustainability champion and actor Ed Begley, Jr. and architect William R. Hefner as they reveal insights from their new building project, a LEED Platinum–track house for Begley. Green design is a subject of perennial interest to Dwell, and we're excited to explore the subject in more depth at Dwell on Design. For some inspiration, and a glimpse at some of our favorite green projects we've previously featured in the magazine and on Dwell.com, click through the slideshow.
Showing image @current of @total
- Now that sustainability is de rigeur in the architecture world, it is no surprise that a new tome from Taschen puts the solar power spotlight on 100 eco-friendly buildings.
- Last year I had the chance to take a press preview of the Old Mint in San Francisco.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- These seven beautiful homes are harnessing the power of the sun and doing it with modern elegance.
- A set of solar panels, a wind-powered well, and passive sustainable strategies make living miles from municipal utilities a non-issue for this Chilean beachgoer.
- Among the first Passive Houses in France, this bamboo-clad farmhouse by the Parisian firm Karawitz Architecture brings a bit of green to tiny Bessancourt.
- The E+ Green Home, a concept house located an hour outside Seoul, not only points the way to a greener South Korea, it may well be the most sustainable house in the country.
- We see a lot of “green” architecture in the Dwell office, but these seven homes don’t just borrow the buzzword, they push boundaries and challenge the idea of what sustainability really means in…