Dwell's Coolest Kitchens
We've compiled a slideshow of some of our favorite kitchens we've featured in Dwell over the years, from a tiny galley kitchen in New York City to a wheelchair-accessible kitchen in California's wine country. Click through and get inspired!
Showing image @current of @total
- In southwest England, interior designer and avid furniture collector Kathryn Tyler built her home around the vintage pieces she’d amassed over a decade.
- When done right, open kitchen shelving is a storage approach that's both visually attractive and highly functional—favorite pieces and tools are elevated to display status, and everything is within…
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.
- Kitchens are the heart of the home and no one likes a cold barren heart or kitchen—especially as the air gets chilly and thoughts of family holidays approach.
- When San Francisco–based architect Christi Azevedo and her partner bought an investment property in Oakland, what was billed in real estate listings as a 'detached garage' turned out to be a…
- One highlight of my recent visit to Los Angeles was a whirlwind tour of Silver Lake with the great architect Barbara Bestor, who has lived there since 1988.
- Judging by all the great feedback we've received on Kathryn Tyler's lovely Falmouth, England, home (Collector's Choice, June 2012), you all loved her style—and awesome collections of vintage…
- With a presence in three centuries, Christi Azevedo’s Victorian survived the quake of 1906 and served as a laundry before its rebirth as a well-lit hybrid of old and new.