Dwell on Design Preview: Tom Kundig Collection
+ Read Article
We're huge fans of architect Tom Kundig's work here at Dwell, so we'll surely be stopping by his booth—D7—at Dwell on Design this weekend. Among the hundreds of other exhibitors, from solar panels to paint companies to full-scale prefab houses, he'll be showcasing his collection of architectural metal hardware, crafted in collaboration with Seattle metal shop 12th Avenue Iron. For a crash course in all things Kundig, here's a peek at some of his design work we've featured previously in Dwell and on Dwell.com.
Showing image @current of @total
- On the sandy shores of Fauntleroy Cove in Seattle, renowned firm Olson Kundig Architects crafts a subtle home with striking steel accents.
- In our October 2012 issue, we profiled Tom Kundig's new hardware line, a collaboration between the esteemed Seattle architect ("prince of architectural gizmos," as the story branded him) and the…
- The Seattle prince of architectural gizmos is branching out into a new line of hardware fashioned from bars and pipes.
- Manufacturing in the United States is thriving and in our July/August issue we highlighted the American designers and makers producing modern wares.
- Who doesn't fantasize about a small place of one's own—a retreat, an escape, a house built for one?
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with Tom…
- From a nature writer’s off-the-grid Puget Sound getaway to a Texan’s shipping container guesthouse, these retreats may inspire you to make that backyard retreat you’ve been dreaming of a reality.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.