Dwell on Design Awards 2013
+ Read Article
On Friday, June 21, we presented our third-annual Dwell on Design Awards, in which we handed out custom-made awards designed by Dwell creative director Alejandro Chavetta and the San Francisco design firm Ohio to our top ten picks from the show floor. The jury—consisting of Zahid Sardar, Dwell contributing writer and author of West Coast Modern: Architecture, Interiors and Design; Rachelle Schoessler Lynn, ASID National President-Elect; Kat Fern, ASID LA Chapter President; Donald Strum, principal, Michael Graves Design Group; and myself—walked the show floor and together cast our votes to decide the winners. This year’s categories were Kitchen and Bath, Furniture, Outdoor, Modern Lifestyle, Design Materials, Sustainability, Lighting, New Product, Best Booth, and Best in Show. We handed out the awards on the Sustainable Design stage just ahead of our keynote address by architect Michael Graves.
Showing image @current of @total
- It takes an army of staff, editors, photographers, builders, and volunteers to pull of Dwell on Design each year.
- Dwell Media in partnership with the Big Ass Fan Company is proud to announce the winners of this year’s inaugural Dwell Vision Award, Amanda Schachter and Alexander Levi of SLO Architecture.
- My third day traipsing about London for the Design Festival had me venturing east again, starting my day in Clerkenwell (that's pronounced CLARK-en-well, I learned) and then, as ever, heading back…
- One of the best ways to keep tabs on what we're working on here at Dwell is to follow @dwellmagazine on Instagram.
- The international presence at Dwell on Design has grown exponentially since the show began in 2006.
- Dwell Media proudly introduces the Dwell Vision Awards with the Big Ass Fan Company.
- Ever wondered how a project gets into the pages of Dwell? Or how a Dwell layout is created? Get the inside info straight from the Dwell creatives onstage at Dwell on Design 2013.
- Calling all designers! The deadline for the first-ever Dwell Vision Awards has been extended!