Dwell on Design 2010: Day Two
- It’s quite a feat to transform the interior of a convention hall—vast and fluorescently lit—into a feel-good lounge-y space that truly brings the outside in.
- This week Associate Editor Miyoko Ohtake made it through the rain that's drenching the West Coast and to Las Vegas for the 2010 International Builders' Show.
VAPUR® a foldable, flexible, reusable eco-friendly water bottle is teaming up with Dwell magazine and Opportunity Green to sponsor the Vapur “Thirst For Design” Competition. The contest, run by competition organizer jovoto, gives artists the chance to design a new graphic for Vapur’s new “Artist Series” water bottles. Visit the competition website here for a complete list of rules, design specifications, and downloadable logos, templates and other materials. As many as five design ideas per person can be submitted through the same website, and may be accompanied by sketches, other images, audio or video files.
Designers will be competing for cash prizes and the winning designs will be featured on select the designs to be featured on Vapur’s new “Artist Series” bottles. Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges including Lara Deam of Dwell Media, Karen Solomon of Opportunity Green, Laurenz Schaffer of BMW Design, Jonathan Greenblatt of Ethos Water and GOOD magazine, Matthew Lloyd of Method Home and HDTV Design Star Antonio Ballatore. Winners will be announced at the Opportunity Green Business Conference at Los Angeles Center Studios on September 22-24, 2010; the deadline for submissions is August 23rd, 2010.
- This week, we headed to the annual Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (more commonly referred to as KBIS, pronouced "k-biz") in Las Vegas, Nevada, to check in with favorite manufacturers and…
- I'm just back from Paris, and still processing all the exciting new furnishings, accessories, and objets I spied at Maison & Objet over the weekend.
- We teamed up with Kohler in hot pursuit of a common enemy—the water hog—and we asked you to submit your water-saving solutions for a “Water Wise” future.
- On the third day of the 2010 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, we devoted an entire day to Eurocucina, which is a fair-within-a-fair that appears in Milan every two years.
- After spending the better part of Sunday on the floor of the Javits center, at five pm, I joined a motley (but stylish) crew for the launch of Public Bikes.