Artist Tanya Aguiñiga’s Kits for the Formerly Homeless
@current / @total
- As part of Dwell on Design Artist in Residence Tanya Aguiñiga's audience-interactive atelier on the show floor, she will be creating and donating handcrafted blankets as part of “Move-in Kits” with…
- Business as usual for ReForm School founders Billie Lopez and Tootie Maldonado means far more than simply managing their popular Silver Lake, California, shop.
Los Angeles furniture designer and maker Tanya Aguiñiga was raised in Tijuana, Mexico. Her highly emotional, tactile, and colorful work combines furniture design and community activism. Covered in hand-knitted cotton rope, these modular compact fluorescent lights plug right in to a socket; no fancy adaptor required.
- When Los Angeles-based furniture and textile designer/maker Tanya Aguiñiga was approached by the Craft and Folk Art Museum to create an exhibition of her work, the artist had an off-the-wall…
- Furniture designer, craftsperson, and community activist Tanya Aguiñiga will be the artist-in-residence at Dwell on Design, bringing to the exhibition an artful, interactive process of providing…
- Probably most striking is Tanya Aguiniga's ability to blend traditional craft techniques with modern furniture design and not lose any of the heart or the style of either application.
- Los Angeles designers Matthew Sullivan, Tanya Aguiñiga, and Ben Medansky exhibited their work during the 2014 Milan Design Week as part of the L.A. x Milano project curated by Bold LA and BPM Studio.