- A brief history of landscape architecture, from Birnbaum to Walter to Coen.
- Houses we love in Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, and more (Canada included).
- Don’t know your Lawrence Halprin from your Richard Haag? We’ve rounded up some of our favorite articles, interviews, and essays on modern landscape architecture.
Mother Nature’s finest beech meets man-made plastic in this stackable seat that makes the most of both materials’ properties.
In this solo exhibition, Mark Baugh-Sasaki presents sculptural works integrating video and photography. Combining the organic with the industrial, and the technological with the artistic, the works in this exhibition turn the gallery space into an industrial forest, whose elements help the viewer navigate and find peace with the juxtaposition of the natural and the man-made that is the reality of our environment today. Described as "part Nam June Paik, part Andy Goldsworthy," Baugh-Sasaki demonstrates a nuanced and integrated relationship to the constructed landscapes of our time.
The exhibition is on view at Oakland's Krowswork gallery September 3rd through October 16th, with an opening reception on Saturday September 11th from 6:00 pm to 9:00.
San Francisco–based artist and photographer presents his latest collection of photograms. Each piece is made without a camera by placing objects directly onto the surface of a photographic paper, or some other photo-sensitive material, and then exposing them to light. This process normally means the final image is small--no bigger than the actual object. But Saunders has found a unique way to project the objects allowing for the unusual scale of his works.
"The Secret Life of Plants focuses on the essence of life by exploring the hidden dimensions of the plant world and man's connection to natural and man-made elements," Saunders says. "I strive to capture a moment of indescribable beauty and magic that exists within us."
- Dwell editors made a special visit to the Pinterest Pavilion on the show floor Saturday, where we met and chatted with the winners of the Dwell on Design Pin-spiration Designer Competition.
- Take a photographic odyssey through a sample of the best architecture and design on the Iberian peninsula.