Un'Introduzione al Disegno Italiano
- With the opening of the Royalton Hotel in 1988, Phillippe Starck ushered in the new age of boutique design hotels.
- Too much time has passed since we last checked in with mid-century furniture aficionado Sam Kaufman, whose diminutive gallery on Beverly Boulevard is always stocked with the most wonderful things.
- Name the hubs for emerging American designers and you'll likely hear the usual suspects of Seattle, San Francisco, and Brooklyn.
- The 2011 Modernism Show, held in the cavernous Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport, brought both rarities and new interpretations within the category.
- Next week, the Salone Internazionale del Mobile (also known as the Milan Furniture Fair) kicks off it in Italy's design capital, Milan.
- An innate design sensibility shines through a furniture showroom when the proprietor and her family live upstairs.
- MoMA’s Century of the Child: Growing by Design, 1900-2000 may be the world’s most engrossing toy box.
- Pennsylvania design studio Wren & Cooper releases the Simple Chair.