From Inquisition to Acquisition
- Once you’ve purchased a piece, you’ll need to get it home and onto your wall.
- “The act of collecting is about looking, studying, sorting, sifting, concentrating, weighing, and making decisions. It’s a lot of work. I got better at it by being rigorous.
- Get your information from curators, professors of contemporary art, critics, and other collectors through your local arts organizations, newspapers, and art schools.
- Want to be the next Henry Clay Frick or Isabella Stewart Gardner? Dwell offers some pointers on starting your own collection.
- The St. Louis Art Museum has announced the June 29th opening of its recently completed expansion, the East Building.
Sheet-iron modules can be rearranged with the aid of small magnets.
- Gregg Buchbinder, CEO of EMECO, and Eames Demetrios of The Eames Foundation, both experts on authentic modern design, joined Dwell Deputy Editor Jaime Gillin on Sunday, June 24 at Dwell on Design to…
- I've been lucky enough to visit Emeco's Pennsylvania factory where their iconic chairs are made by hand. It was a religious experience for me, a person with a sick chair fetish.