How to: Appreciate and Collect Art
- For millennia, kings and clerics alike have understood that little inspires awe and confers power better than a battalion of marble statues, an epic tapestry, or an exquisitely rendered portrait.
- Ever wanted to be a designer? One of the biggest parts of the job is working with your manufacturer to turn a concept into a real product.
- Which comes first, the movement or the manifesto? From Arts and Crafts to eco-design, a 7-step guide to design movements.
- Mention universal design and see your companions’ eyes start glazing over.
We've long been believers in the artfully placed accent pillow, and very much like the style of Midwestern design and manufacturing studio Three Sheets 2 the Wind. The collection of nature-inspired textiles—hand-screened on hand-dyed Irish linen—have a great retro charm guided by the Japanese philosophy of wab-sabi, or appreciation of the "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete,"
- Dwell’s tips on painting a modern home: from the best environmentally friendly paint to rooms that use paint as a major design statement.
- Most designers, be they graphic or interior, consult their Pantone fan guide when considering hues.
- Dwell shares some of our favorite guides to keeping your modern home up-to-date and well-designed.