The Dwell Guide to Smart Design in Tiny Spaces
Tight quarters prove especially challenging. If you're at a loss on how to squeeze the most out of your small space, consider the expert advice and furniture picks that will help your bantam-sized rooms feel like design heavyweights—no mirror tricks necessary.
@current / @total
- We can never get enough of great big design in tiny spaces—especially when it comes to efficient, space-saving bathrooms.
- In the second installment of our series on tiny kitchens, we bring you space-savers in New York, Hollywood, Tokyo, and beyond.
- From color palettes to vertical accents, we've rounded up eight proven tactics for making the most of a small space renovation.
- When space is tight, designers often eke out additional (hidden) square footage by going deep—into the walls and furnishings themselves.
- Shipping containers are ubiquitous in Houston, though unlike the four that make up this new home, they're usually filled with foreign goods rather than flourishing lives.
- The Leaf, a thin and lightweight chair designed by Folditure, will soon be joined by a table counterpart: the Cricket.
- Mark Brickey and Beth Manos Brickey started their design careers like many youthful print enthusiasts: making free concert fliers from friends.
- No matter how tiny your abode, a proper desk is still attainable. These 10 smart setups make the most of small spaces with big style.