The Dwell Guide to Kitchen Design
Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered. To coincide with our Rooms We Love special issue now on newsstands, we polled a handful of our favorite interior designers for expert tips and advice on how to solve common kitchen dilemmas and whip your space into tip-top shape. (Perfecting that Chicken au Poivre recipe, well that's up to you.)
@current / @total
- In 2009, just as architectural designer Chris Greenawalt and his wife, Danielle, completed remodeling their Seattle home, Danielle received word that she was heading to Boston for her job as a…
- At the January edition of Pitti Uomo—a bi-annual men's fashion event held in Florence, Italy—accessories brand Want Les Essentiels de la Vie exhibited within the Alpine Lodge, a conceptual structure…
- Growing families can quickly outgrow the homes purchased when the couple was just a twosome.
- Dwell's popular Home Tours included a Breezehouse by Blu Homes in Healdsburg as a bonus tour during this spring's Marin Home Tours.
- For the past six months, Linda Taalman of Taalman Koch Architecture has been blogging for Dwell.com about her hands-on renovation of her family's live-work rental apartment in Los Angeles.
- From an inviting kitchen in a charmingly renovated cypress clad home to a hand-hewn elm galley atop a houseboat to a peek at the glossy blue cabinets inside the iconic Miller House, these kitchens…
- In Alabama, a commercial building with a multifarious past begins a fresh chapter for a young family after a modern renovation.
- Tour the family-friendly, LEED-certified, modern Seagrape House designed by husband-and-wife team Traction Architecture in Anna Maria Island, Florida.