The Dwell Guide to Kitchen Design
+ Read Article
Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered. To coincide with our Rooms We Love special issue now on newsstands, we polled a handful of our favorite interior designers for expert tips and advice on how to solve common kitchen dilemmas and whip your space into tip-top shape. (Perfecting that Chicken au Poivre recipe, well that's up to you.)
@current / @total
- In 2009, just as architectural designer Chris Greenawalt and his wife, Danielle, completed remodeling their Seattle home, Danielle received word that she was heading to Boston for her job as a…
- At the January edition of Pitti Uomo—a bi-annual men's fashion event held in Florence, Italy—accessories brand Want Les Essentiels de la Vie exhibited within the Alpine Lodge, a conceptual structure…
- Growing families can quickly outgrow the homes purchased when the couple was just a twosome.
- When it came time for Hernan Rios to renovate his apartment inside a 1968 Louis Herman De Koninck building, he reached out to Matteo Colombo and Andrea Serboli's Barcelona-based…
- Tour the family-friendly, LEED-certified, modern Seagrape House designed by husband-and-wife team Traction Architecture in Anna Maria Island, Florida.
- When Byron and Sue Henry began spending more time at their cozy lake cabin, they realized the existing layout no longer suited them or their two sons with growing families.
- Aquaponics, currently receiving funding on Kickstarter, looks to combine a fish tank and a sustainable garden all-in-one.
- Confronted with an historic loft in New York's SoHo district in need of an update, architects Bronwyn Breitner and Luigi Ciaccia executed a gut renovation to introduce more natural light throughout…